AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the twin headed display cards allow you to just run two identical desktops showing indentical overlays (ie same dvd on both screens) Also, what happens when you add two graphics cards to the same PC, can they be set up to dipslay the same thing.

I would like to watch my WinTV NovaT in more than one room, and as far as I know I can't simply output the MPEG stream on my network.

Dan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

I have tested a Matrox which was able to do that but without support. Picture Quality was, compared to the Radeons, not that convincing though. Nowadays I run a Radeon VE that at least gives me the possiblity to switch via hotkey between the two displays which to me is sufficient.

As far as I know there is no grafics card available that has this feature officially supported :-( Even the NVidia MX boards do not allow double overlay....

So long, Torsten

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have Radeon 8500 and I can set both VGA and DVI heads as a primary geting DVD overlay on both of them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My roommate has a MX and an old Matrox Millenium 4MBWRam in his machine, he can stretch any video overlay so that it covers both monitors at the same time. Strangely, he wasn´t able to do that before he installed newer Nvidia drivers and Service Packs for 2K, the drivers for the Matrox never changed. The funny thing is that you can clearly see a difference in picture quality between the Matrox and the MX when you display a movie this way, it´s not just the different monitors (they´re also running at different resolutions, though same color depth).

Strange but it works, if I get my digicam back together I´ll try to get a snapshot of it in action. It DOESN´t work though if you want to use the TV-Out of the MX in the process.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dpeng
If you have a DVI display device plus an analog one, you can have two overlays at the same time.

Radeon VE to a digital VPD150 and an analog NEC VT540K.

Daniel
Daniel, I have a second PC monitor connected to the DVI port of the VE card through a DVI-VGA adaptor. The VGA cable run is very long. I will soon get a flat panel LCD monitor which has both VGA and DVI inputs. From what you are saying, if I use the DVI on my flat panel I should get the overlay on the flat panel even as the secondary display?

If so, can I simply use a VGA-DVI adaptor (if it exist) at the monitor end to hook up the flat panel without the need to replace my long VGA cable run?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.