AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that the best place for my subwoofer is about 4 feet to the right of the listening area. The only problem is at 80hz (lowest x-over point) its possible to locate the subwoofer. I'm getting some Ascend 340s in here soon (they shipped) which will do 50hz no problem.

I can't figure out a way to turn the crossover off on the XR55 and still have the subwoofer active. That way I could just set the crossover on the sub to 50hz or so and all would be great.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylescha /forum/post/0

I found that the best place for my subwoofer is about 4 feet to the right of the listening area. The only problem is at 80hz (lowest x-over point) its possible to locate the subwoofer. I'm getting some Ascend 340s in here soon (they shipped) which will do 50hz no problem.

I can't figure out a way to turn the crossover off on the XR55 and still have the subwoofer active. That way I could just set the crossover on the sub to 50hz or so and all would be great.

Thanks,

Kyle

Setting your front L/R (or any other) speakers to "Large" will do that. I mean those channels will not be crossed over to sub. If you set all your speakers to "Large", the lower frequencies from those channel will not be sent to the sub and the sub will only get .1/LFE channel contents (if present in the source material).

Whether you will like this arrangement or not - is another million dollar question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.