AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to watch downloaded movies directly from an external hard drive to my Panasonic TC-P58VT25 TV.... without using my laptop connected by HDMI to the TV? I am just tired of dragging out the laptop (heavy Alienware M18x) just to watch a movie. I normally just use VLC Media Player on my laptop to watch my downloaded movies since VLC plays everything. A majority of my downloaded movies are in the following formats: .avi, .mkv, and some .wma/wmv.


Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/20886282


Is it possible to watch downloaded movies directly from an external hard drive to my Panasonic TC-P58VT25 TV.... without using my laptop connected by HDMI to the TV? I am just tired of dragging out the laptop (heavy Alienware M18x) just to watch a movie. I normally just use VLC Media Player on my laptop to watch my downloaded movies since VLC plays everything. A majority of my downloaded movies are in the following formats: .avi, .mkv, and some .wma/wmv.


Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you have a Blu-Ray player or set that can play Divix, such as my Panny DMP 85, you can download movies to your flash drive and plug it into your player or TV.



Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/20886519


If you have a Blu-Ray player or set that can play Divix, such as my Panny DMP 85, you can download movies to your flash drive and plug it into your player or TV.



Ian

I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 blu-ray player. Does the player have a USB port that I can plug into? Or is it possible just to plug directly into my VT25 plasma? How do I know if either will support the movie files I have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/20886572


I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 blu-ray player. Does the player have a USB port that I can plug into? Or is it possible just to plug directly into my VT25 plasma? How do I know if either will support the movie files I have?

Any movie that you download on-line that uses a Divix media player will play on your Blu-Ray DMP-BDT100 via the USB port. Read the manual.




Ian
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top