AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a older Philips 30PW8420/37B that I bought from the outlet a couple of years ago. It was used as a main TV for about 7-8 months till I got my 50" Sony RP-LCD. Since then it has been sitting in my basement unused for over a year. I am getting DishHD set up this week so I wanted to get a HD receiver for the bedroom and bring this TV out of the basement to start using it again. Now when I had this setup as my main TV I went into the service menu and messed around with the settings and I wrote down all of the starting setting before I got started but now I cant find the paper I wrote them down on. Is it safe to go back in and just reset them back to defaults or will that just mess things up alot more?

p.s.

The reason I want to mess with them again is that the overscan is really bad and any straight line towards the edge of the TV has a curve to it and I want to see if I can fix that?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Service menu defaults serve the TV when it is fresh off the assembly line before it reaches the final stage where all the TVs are hand tweaked to account for component variances ... which could be a little or a lot. Then the TV is boxed for shipping and sale.

If you plan to do the same as in the factory, then reset the TV and see what happens.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts