AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short our 60 Mits Diamond vision set "died" three weeks ago and it cost 130 to have a guy come out and tell us that it was a 700 dollar fix. So we went shopping. Wanted to get out the door for as low as possible and still keep the "big screen " experience. So we settled on a Best Buy Toshiba 57 inch rear projection TV that looked in the showroom almost as good as the DLP sitting next to it? So delivery one was on a saturday. Set was broken through the screen out of the box. Getting a person on the phone at Best Buy is as easy as making a cheap space shuttle. Anyway angry wife got another set delivered sunday. Pic didn't look all that good so tech came out to "fix." Oh, you need an HD dish and additional services. (to make the DVDs look better???) Anyway, tech 2 came out from Direct TV and set up the new dish. But didn't connect the new HD Direct box. So tech 3 comes out from Best buy and connects box , leaves. Try it last night and I ended up on hold for 30 minutes to explain to three people at Direct TV that 1. the message was seaching for sattilite signal, and 2, I knew how to reset the HD TV box, unplug, or push reset button , or put in and pull out card. Anyway, my point in all this is who ( in Norcal , north of SF) has good customer service for the TV and delivery system ( dish or Direct). Is this what others go through??? I'd give a "review " on this Toshiba but I can't watch until Friday. ( going on 2 weeks since delivery of set??) Thanks for any info. Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.