AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, don't laugh or egg me http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif , on an impulse-buy, I have picked up a Toshiba CW34XC2. No regret there. After reading various forums, I have gone into the service mode and did my best to tweak the picture geometry. However, the overall picture geometry still needs some works. There is a bit of a pin cushion effect on the vertical part of the screen. Also, the picture is dipped to the bottom left on the screen...not very much so...but noticeable when viewing any material in letter-box. Are these two things can be tweaked via service/design mode? If yes, some pointers will be greatly appreciated. Or it is time to call in the ISF guy/gal? Also, know any good ISF person in or will to work in Vancouver Lower Mainland, BC, Canada? Thanks

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Non symmetrical problems are not correctable in the service mode. These are service/repair issues and sometimes nothing can be done. A limitation of the technology. An ISF person will not be able to help you here.

While there are ISF people listed for the lower mainland ... I know of no one by name that provides extensive calibration services. A tube set like yours generally just gets basic ISF grayscale service. (Easy enough)

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.