AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Panasonic TH-42PZ77U for about a year and it has never been calibrated. I am currently using a calibration setting I found through the internet. I have read it should be calibrated after a certain time. Is it to late to have my plasma tv calbrated????

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmper /forum/post/15424978

I have had my Panasonic TH-42PZ77U for about a year and it has never been calibrated. I am currently using a calibration setting I found through the internet. I have read it should be calibrated after a certain time. Is it to late to have my plasma tv calbrated????

No they say don't calibrate early because the TV rapidly shifts when new, the rate of change slows after the first few hours but will drift for the life of the set.

Infact anal people would say callibrate once a year.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/15425018

No they say don't calibrate early because the TV rapidly shifts when new, the rate of change slows after the first few hours but will drift for the life of the set.

Well, consider me super-anal

I calibrate mine once a month, the spectrum shift from an aging lamp can alter a calibration pretty fast.

As for the op, no, its never too late to calibrate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/15425018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod1937 /forum/post/15425254

Well, consider me super-anal

I calibrate mine once a month, the spectrum shift from an aging lamp can alter a calibration pretty fast.

As for the op, no, its never too late to calibrate.

Thanks for the replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.