AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked holding on to my boxes for my components and such because I was moving a lot, from apartment to apartment, so having things in the boxes made life a bit easier. However, now I finally have a house and last night I unboxed my Klipsch RF-82s and RF-62's...now in the past, I would most likely have kept the boxes, but now because I think I will be at this location for many years, and I am not sure if there is a need for the boxes any more. I know it isn't a major thing, I do have the space in the attic, but before I went throwing the boxes into the attic along with all the Styrofoam, I thought I would come here and get a consensus. I know it is a silly question, but I am unable to make the decision on my own. Plus this afternoon I have access to a dumpster, so if I was to toss the boxes, it is a good opportunity, as it will keep people from knowing what I might have exactly inside the house...paranoia there I know, but its the truth these days, cant trust anybody.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
It isn't just how long you'll be there, it's how long you'll own the speakers. Having the boxes makes them a lot easier to resell if (when?) you want to upgrade.

·
Registered
220 Posts
hmmm. i keep my boxes but for the same reason as the OP i move alot but i'm planning on buying a house soon...i say break up the boxes and keep them. you'r e in a house now right? so you have more room...AND it will make some nice mulch for the mice

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Hi anal...

But back onn topic I say keep the boxes for the aforementioned reasons...If you need space just break them down...as you should anyway if you were to throw them away...and put the styrofaom in a plastic garbage bag...and keep untill you get rid of the speakers...besides...don't throw styrofoam away...recycle it...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA, I guess I am not the only anal person out there...I will go ahead and throw the boxes into the attic...if nothing else, like you said it will be good for the mice, if they ever get up there....I hope they arent there now...

·
Registered
3,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche951 /forum/post/12867112

Usually, I save the boxes for a few years and the day after I throw them out, I need them...

LOL

That is true of anything...I don't care what it is. It's like a cosmic rule.

Somebody sure gets a lot of laughs at our expense.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche951 /forum/post/12867112

Usually, I save the boxes for a few years and the day after I throw them out, I need them...

No kidding.

I'm going to toss my speaker boxes, though. The box pile is taking over the basement (again). I'm starting to ask myself the really hard question: When have I ever actually used one of those boxes? Answer: Pretty much never.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts