AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello,

I'm currently running a Yamaha HTR-6230 with cheap Samsung HTIB speakers and a Polk PSW10 sub. 

I've just started the process of building my "dream" system with the purchase of a Klipsch RC-62 II centre channel. Once my budget (and wife, ugh) permits, I plan to purchase RF-82 II floors next followed by RS-52 II surrounds with a new receiver and sub somewhere down the line.

Question is, is it worth it to hook the RC-62 up with my existing cheap HTIB speakers or will the mismatching make the SQ worse?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
You might be better starting with Front Left and Right before you go with the center. With front left and right you can run them without a center until you get the matching one.

And while the Klipsch towers are nice in most situation bookshelves will work fine since you have a subwoofer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1520272/is-it-worth-hooking-my-new-rc-62-ii-up-to-my-htib#post_24421383

You might be better starting with Front Left and Right before you go with the center. With front left and right you can run them without a center until you get the matching one.

And while the Klipsch towers are nice in most situation bookshelves will work fine since you have a subwoofer.
I know I would have been better off starting with left and rights, but I found a good deal on the centre channel and bought it first. 

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephhac  /t/1520272/is-it-worth-hooking-my-new-rc-62-ii-up-to-my-htib#post_24421460

I know I would have been better off starting with left and rights, but I found a good deal on the centre channel and bought it first. 

If you already have it, hook it up and see. Your ears are the best judge, not what someone online thinks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts