AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused if I should get the Epson 1080 or home 1080UB. I am in Canada and i can get the Epson 1080 for 2500 with a 300 dollar rebate, spare lamp, and a 400 dollar blockbuster gift card or the 1080ub for 2900. 1080 is a way better deal so is it worth the extra money to get the 1080ub. This will be my first projector. I have been lookin at the benq w5000 and am very intrested in that too which is 2800 with a 500 dollar rebate. Help me decide so i can finally pick on out

Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
i just decided on the UB for the extra money, i am in Canada too. I haven't seen either, just after seeing all the reviews, i think i would always wished i got the UB version. Plus it comes with the $400 Blockbuster gift card so i will be buying a PS3 with it. The 1080 was hard to pass up with all the incentives but i just didn't feel right buying last years model.

Craig

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought it from AVdeals.ca, they are great to deal with, had about 50 emails back and forth, i have bought a projector from them before as well.. Also, free shipping, free mount, and only GST, no PST unless you are in Ontario.

Craig

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz28 /forum/post/14162502

I am confused if I should get the Epson 1080 or home 1080UB. I am in Canada and i can get the Epson 1080 for 2500 with a 300 dollar rebate, spare lamp, and a 400 dollar blockbuster gift card or the 1080ub for 2900. 1080 is a way better deal so is it worth the extra money to get the 1080ub. This will be my first projector. I have been lookin at the benq w5000 and am very intrested in that too which is 2800 with a 500 dollar rebate. Help me decide so i can finally pick on out

Thanks

When the 1080UB first came out, AV Science offered a great deal where they would give customers buying the Pro version a one thousand dollar store credit. They stopped selling the projector for a while, due to too many of them having bad convergence, but are now selling it once more. You could ask if that deal is still available and if they ship to Canada. The Pro comes in black and you get an extra lamp and a fewer other plusses.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I think the w5000 is a good bet. Now that they have fixed the image noise problem with new firmware it should projecto just as good an image as the UB--although it has less placement flexibility.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If my room allowed it I would be all over the Benq as the prices in Canada are very respectable. That Epson deal sure looks tempting, I would be interested myself to know how much of a performance boost the 1080ub has over its predecessor. Some people say the improvement is huge while others claim something in the area of 20%, but I think that few people have actually seen both.

I just wish the blockbuster deal would end and be supplemented by a cash rebate or a free bulb. The budget 1080p market has alot of competition but I'm not sure if there are enough incentives for epson to lower their price as the ub still remains a highly desirable unit. Only time will tell. I'll probably hold of my purchase for a few more months, hoping a better deal is around the corner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts