AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving into a new apartment next week and I want to do an update my HT system. Currently I have a pair of Infinity Primus P362 for fronts and Polk CS-1 center. Apparently the best matched center speaker with the fronts would be Primus C-350. So would it be a noticeable different if I were to upgrade?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, there should be a noticeable difference. I have the p362s and had to run a different center channel for a while until I bought a pc350, and it was night and day for me. The pc350 is a nice center channel and matches the p362s perfectly. Be aware though, it's big.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for convincing me to pull the trigger. The reason I want an upgrade is because I feel the Polk center isn't clear enough in high action scenes, the dialogue would drown down. Also, any recommendations on the surround speakers that would go well with these? Any thoughts on the primus P-150? Thanks

·
Registered
Revel M22 & C32, JBL P520WS, Revel W563 & Infinity ERS 110II, SVS SB-2000 (x2), Anthem MRX 720
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omemnow /forum/post/18155062

Also, any recommendations on the surround speakers that would go well with these? Any thoughts on the primus P-150? Thanks

Just depends on whether you want to wall mount or will use stands. The P162 should go on a sturdy stand. The P152 has keyholes for flush wall mounting, while the P142 has a threaded insert for a swivel ball and socket type mount. They all use the MMD drivers.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wanted to try out bipole and got energy cr100's for rear surrounds.

I was worried about it matching my 362's and pc350, but it sounds excellent together. Otherwise I would get the primus 152/150. 162 looks overkill and 142 looks little dinky.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now I'm torn b/w the Primus C-350 for ~$160 brand new or an excellent condition Pioneer S-DC1-K for a 1/4th of the price. Besides the $, will the Pioneer center speaker be an upgrade over the Polk CS-1 or even the Primus? Please help me decide. Thanks again.

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
The best speaker to match your p362 would be the Infinity Primus C350. Then all your speakers will be timbre matched.

The Polk or the Pioneer will not be a tonal match.

But since the Pioneer is only $40, why not get both and prove it to yourself?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18194724

The best speaker to match your p362 would be the Infinity Primus C350. Then all your speakers will be timbre matched.

The Polk or the Pioneer will not be a tonal match.

But since the Pioneer is only $40, why not get both and prove it to yourself?

You're right, after some research and further thinking I don't think I can find anything that's well matched with my existing P362s beside the C-350. As far as buying both centers to test I don't think that'll fly with my fiance. She's already worried that all my speakers are taking up our living room space. At least she's letting me install my soon to arrive Mit HC 3800 projector with motorized screen in the living room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.