AVS Forum banner

Is it worth upgrading from the PCH A110 to the A210?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  dbone1026 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 /forum/post/19594601

I have a PCH A110 which I stream all my BluRay Rips from my Windows Home Server. Its been really good to me the past 2 years, picked up a couple of WD Live boxes for other TV, and the PCH is still my favorite. I was thinking about picking up the New PCH A210 since they change the case and got rid of the fan. Has anyone upgraded and found it to be worth it? Or since my A110 is working fine, should I just save my money.

Thanks for the advice.

Jason

Upgrade it. The interface will be faster, all the development is for the newer PCH's, no fan and it's actually a really nice media player. If my C200 weren't treating me so well I would get an A210 immediately. I also stream everything from a WHS to my C200 and the A210 is essentially the same, but smaller.

philip

Note: The ability to use a 2.5" (or 3.5") drive internally is pretty neat. Since you mainly stream just put in an SSD and it will run cool, silent and fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.