AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey--

I'm looking to basically put up a projector in my basement at some point but honestly it's not going to get much use for the next 6 months to a year (newborn coming). In my previous house, I used to have an AE700 that I loved, but 3 years later I haven't really been keeping up with things at all. Is there currently like a 'best buy' on used projectors right now? I was honestly hoping to keep the price $500 and under, 720p as a minimum, plus I need to be able to project from about 16 to 18ft away. My first thought is to go get another panasonic that has about 1000 hours on the bulb, but I'm not sure if that's a great idea or not. I'd really like an AE3000 but that is definitely not in the cards at this point.

So I'm looking for some advice. Should I:

a) get a used projector like a 720p panasonic model

b) buy a new projector that's not far from $500

c) just not buy anything and wait.

It will probably get 10 to 15 hours of use a month I'd guess. So bulb life isn't really much of a concern--I'm mainly looking for something that I can use for the next 2 years or so until I can upgrade to a 1080p projector. Any other model suggestions, advice? Thanks

Taylor34

·
Registered
209 Posts
Myself i would never buy a used projector because of the lamp and not knowing its history, you could spend 500.00 on a used projector then a few months down the road a bulb could go and then you spend 300 more on a new bulb which you would of been better off spending that little bit extra in the beginning and getting a new projector.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog_2005 /forum/post/16988735

Myself i would never buy a used projector because of the lamp and not knowing its history, you could spend 500.00 on a used projector then a few months down the road a bulb could go and then you spend 300 more on a new bulb which you would of been better off spending that little bit extra in the beginning and getting a new projector.

check out the buying guide link in my signature and look at the Eiki

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.