AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
M1 and DVI are not the same, but very similar. M1 is more versatile than DVI in that M1 will accept analog and digital data/video as well as USB and I'm told it can provide low voltage power to an external device. M1 can be used with HDCP. DVI to M1 adaptors are available at most of the normal online cable retailers. We are starting to see a lot of PJ manufacturer's using the M1 standard because of it's versatility. Personally, I think it's fine for business projectors but I'd like to see home theater projectors stick with DVI.

htr

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I would "safe" purchasing a projector with M1, as I could send a digital DVI signal with a HDCP signal to it?... provided I got an adapter.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Good question. I do not think that all M1 adapters are HDCP compliant. You should definitely ask the PJ manufacturer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dubauskas
So I would "safe" purchasing a projector with M1, as I could send a digital DVI signal with a HDCP signal to it?... provided I got an adapter.
Most of the projectors that use M1 (Infocus, Dell, assorted others) are HDCP compliant. basic rule of thumb, check with the manufacturer before you purchase.

htr

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lindy sells the M1/DVI adapter cable #41225 and it is HDCP compliant--I have one with my Infocus Screenplay 5700.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.