AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on the Maxell VP-201 "VCR PRO-HEAD CLEANER"? It uses soft non-abrasive brushes and cleaning solution(isopropyl alcohol). I know it won't begin to solve the multitude of problems with the JVC30K deck. I was just wondering if it's suitable as a cleaning tape.It is marketed heavily by Best Buy.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Wont do a thing to clean the capstan or pinch roller which is where I have seen the issues, not the heads so far

dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,

Thanks for your input.As I suspected, the cover has to be removed to clean it properly. None of these cleaning tapes are going to be of much use with the JVC 30k deck.

Steve

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Steve,

There are times when I need to open the deck up and clean it, but I've had a couple of instances where I had just cleaned the deck in the last couple of days (and then run a cleaning tape through), where I have gotten some small issues with the image. Popping a cleaning tape in for one more cycle has gotten rid of them. This just happened Saturday night. So, I think it depends on what was causing your problem. Also, I think I'm using the 101 tape, but I'm not positive. It's the dry one in any case.

I don't know if anybody else is doing this or if it is useful, but I also have one regular tape that I have reserved. It has never been recorded and after a cleaning I run it on play for a couple of minutes. I figure this will help get rid of any extra moisture in there. I never rewind this tape, so it is always playing on a clean section.

--Darin

·
Registered
282 Posts
The VP-100, not 200 has been highly recommended by at least one member of this forum. Ive used it without problems. You could do a search for the thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.