1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytodd1 /forum/post/20891594

I want to get this poster:

http://www.moviepostershop.com/the-r...r-2009/IB45190

Has anyone gotten a poster at this site before? How did it go? Was the poster good quality?

Moviepostershop is a known vendor of unauthorized reprints.

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.....html#msg32811
Quote:
That said, MoviePosterDB is a "great" resource only to the extent it is a comprehensive source of images not available anywhere else. It is not "great" to the extent they are working with MoviePosterShop or making a profit off the site. I've had an extensive email conversation with Martijn Weghorst, the owner of MPDB. He admits they make a "small" profit off the site and have a relationship with MoviePosterShop but not with MovieGoods. (Whether that's true or not doesn't matter, they're both reprint vendors who illegally sell posters without licenses.)

I generally don't like to endorse thieves, so don't treat this as such. The poster is likely a digital reprint. It will be somewhat fuzzy, especially in the smaller print. That said, if you are only interested in an image where nobody looks too closely, it will probably display just fine.

Personally, I like my posters to be theater used and to show a few battle scars, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightguy /forum/post/21018196

Go to Heritage Auctions for the real deal.

Well worth it for authentisised, classic, rare, and REAL posters.

Warning !

Addicting hobby.

Consider crack as a cheaper alternative.

Heritage is good, but a bit pricey when the buyers premium is added. Other good auction sites are

www.emovieposter.com
www.movieposterbid.com

Be advised that auction sites are like shopping at Aldi. Good bargains sometimes, but you never know what will be there.

A good discussion forum for posters is www.allposterforum.com

Also agree on how addicting the hobby is. My collection is rapidly approaching 1000 pieces. It is also a lot of fun to have something different on the wall. Example

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.