AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony 10HT and am concidering moving it forward about 24". Currently it is about 11' from the screen and the zoom on the lense is set to the smallest to avoid the screen door. By moving it forward I could zoom it out some and keep the same size screen but the projector would be closer to the screen, is that going to give me any benefit?

Thanks

------------------

Brian Ingram

Pardon my terrible spelling :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I can only give you some technical info, but don't know if there is really a difference or not.

This quote "set to the smallest to avoid the screen door" is completely incorrect. No matter where the projector is, and how it is zoomed, the final product will be as big as your screen size, and thus the screen door will look the smae if it is close and zoomed out all the way, or far away and zoomed in all the way.

I believe same goes for brightness. It is the same amount of light spread around the same area.

Now, if you changed your screen size, that is a different issue all together.

------------------

David Mendicino

·
Registered
599 Posts
Zoom level definitely affects brightness and picture quality. Zoomed in, you lose some brightness. how much depends on how good the lens is. Somewhere along the zoom, you may lose some picture quality.

My vt540 looks best zoomed all the way in.

[This message has been edited by rickforrest (edited 08-06-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.