AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all-

I have been enjoying the ae900 but I have been bothered by an issue I noticed when calibrating the display:

In the upper IRE field patterns- grey fields from about 50 to 100 IRE there are HUGE pink and green blotches on the field. I had read that LCD projectors commonly have this kind of problem displaying full grey/white fields, but should it be this extreme??

Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is not good. I will have to contact Panasonic about this. There are huge pink color blotches and green blotches that are 100% consistent.

Tonight I'll grab a screenshot of the blotches for you guys- maybe that'll help dianose the problem.

Thanks!

Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
working screenshot would be informative.

Best guess is dust on panels. Try to unfocus the image to both ends and see if you can sharpen the blotches.

If you can focus on "blotch" it's definitely dust on LCD panel(s)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think it looks more like optical block alignment problem, as the top of screen is primarily blue, and the bottom primarily pink. Usually this problem shows up side to side rather than top and bottom. This is a problem that some LCD projectors seem to manifest.

If it's still in warranty, I would contact Panasonic about it.

Jonathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.