AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1080p resolution, 48 fps

(1920)x(1080)x(48)=99 532 800 (pixels per second)

I own a dell inspiron 530 and it has a pcie 1.0 16x slot I use for my videocard.

I am interested in buying a new videocard with hw acceleration for the new 3d blu ray and want to know if my computer has a bottleneck anywhere?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Bandwidth is not the issue.

You would need a graphics card that has HDMI 1.4 capability and you would need a Blu_ray DVD player program and graphics card driver that supports the Packed format so that it can be send to one of the new 3D HDTVs. I am not even sure if any of todays PC Blu_ray drives thenselves will support playing of the new 3D Blu-ray disks. See the followinng link for more details:

http://hdguru.com/3d-hdtv-and-hdmi-explained/1336/

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing the ati videocards won't have 3d support till northern islands is released in late 2010 - early 2011. Seeing as the hdmi specification was just announced and they (AMD) need time to debug.

But you think my pcie 1.0 isn't a bandwidth problem? That's good.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Doubt you'll have a problem with pcie1. 3d isn't going to be mainstream for HTPC's for a couple years so be patient. By then i'm assuming you'll have another motherboard anyways. This is similar to bluray It cameout a few years ago and finally is catching on to mainstream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts