AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have an LN37B550 that i got like 29 days ago, i have noticed this 2 weeks ago but just now i got nervous, basically the tv is working perfectly, its just that when the tv is off, and in the night when the light in my room is on, when i move my head on certain angles when i look at the screen(when the tv is off) i see like ripples or clouds and colors of the pixels(not like the tv is on , when its off.. )... when the tv is on the picture is beautiful, is this a defect? i really dont know what to do , the tv doesnt have anything wrong..

I dont see this during the tv at Any angle i look at th screen even when there is sunshine or not.. , i was told its my bedroom light going through the lcd when its off because the lcd is right under the ceiling light and that its just reflections that i see,..

please give me a hand here

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I too think it is the ceiling light which is almost acting as backlighing for the last image displayed on the LCD screen. If you use another light instead of the ceiling light in the bedroom does the screen look the same?

If after turning "off" the TV you also uplug it does the screen still act the same way?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the same when i unplug the tv, i tried shineing a flashlight on the screen and the screen is completely black.. i noticed a couple of scratch looking lines on the panel but they are not scratches i used the small towel that came with the tv and it took the "scratch" looking lines out, it was probably smudges... how come these were there?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I seems you may be over checking your tv for every possible problem. But now you don't like it anymore. You think you see a problem. If it's bothering you a lot, and you can still return it, do that. Get another make or model and you will be happier. I'm pretty sure if I shined lights into my tv I could get some reflections. But I just watch it and if it looks good, I'm OK. But you have to be satisfied.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/18273291

hey guys, i have an LN37B550 that i got like 29 days ago, i have noticed this 2 weeks ago but just now i got nervous, basically the tv is working perfectly, its just that when the tv is off, and in the night when the light in my room is on, when i move my head on certain angles when i look at the screen(when the tv is off) i see like ripples or clouds and colors of the pixels(not like the tv is on , when its off.. )... when the tv is on the picture is beautiful, is this a defect? i really dont know what to do , the tv doesnt have anything wrong..

I dont see this during the tv at Any angle i look at th screen even when there is sunshine or not.. , i was told its my bedroom light going through the lcd when its off because the lcd is right under the ceiling light and that its just reflections that i see,..

Is there a rainbow-like effect on the screen coating? When viewing a white or gray screen, I can sometimes see a rainbow-like effect on the screen coating. It's minor and doesn't effect PQ and I don't think there is anything wrong with my TV. I have the LN32B650, which is similar to yours except for the ultra clear panel (aka ultra glossy panel
).

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/18273291

I'm going to come over to your place and spend the night looking at this phenomenon. You will have to find some other place to sleep. If it keeps me up all night, I will suggest that you replace it. If I only dream about it, you can keep the TV. I can be there most any time to advise you what to do about this issue.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/18274506

its the same when i unplug the tv, i tried shineing a flashlight on the screen and the screen is completely black.. i noticed a couple of scratch looking lines on the panel but they are not scratches i used the small towel that came with the tv and it took the "scratch" looking lines out, it was probably smudges... how come these were there?

Flashlight is not strong enough. You need at least a 40 watt incandescent light. You also have to look very carefully for fingerprints on the screen or anywhere else on the set and find out how they got there.

The "scratch" looking lines got there when the final inspectors removed the night-light filter from the first sub-surface of the LCD TV.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/18278225

I'm going to come over to your place and spend the night looking at this phenomenon. You will have to find some other place to sleep. If it keeps me up all night, I will suggest that you replace it. If I only dream about it, you can keep the TV. I can be there most any time to advise you what to do about this issue.

Sounds like a good case for "Ghost Hunters".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts