AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thin, horizontal lines going across the right half of my screen on my LG 47lm6700. I've attached pictures below. Is my LCD panel bad or is it something else? Is this something that can be repaired or do I need to get a whole new TV. This tv is only about a year and a half old, so I'd rather fix it than replace it if possible.

000/height/1000

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer  /t/1522302/is-my-lcd-panel-bad#post_24475374

Looks like it could be repaired, can't really know unless you call LG & see about sending a repairman to see it.

Is the TV still under warranty?

It is not under warranty any more. It only came with a one year warranty. I was hoping to do the repair myself, I've worked on electronics a decent amount. I've just never had to diagnose an LCD before.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevenberg  /t/1522302/is-my-lcd-panel-bad#post_24475422

It is not under warranty any more. It only came with a one year warranty. I was hoping to do the repair myself, I've worked on electronics a decent amount. I've just never had to diagnose an LCD before.

They might have swap a board or processor, I personally wouldn't try it myself.

Besides you would need to order the specific part from LG & the price difference between that & the labor to install it correct is worth the piece of mind that you won't permanently damage the TV.

Looking online, this set sells for $600+ .

The review from cNet doesn't sound all too hot for this TV.

If the repair costs near $500, you are better off getting a new TV. You can get a 60" with better quality at just a higher price point nowadays,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer  /t/1522302/is-my-lcd-panel-bad#post_24476127

They might have swap a board or processor, I personally wouldn't try it myself.

Besides you would need to order the specific part from LG & the price difference between that & the labor to install it correct is worth the piece of mind that you won't permanently damage the TV.

Looking online, this set sells for $600+ .

The review from cNet doesn't sound all too hot for this TV.

If the repair costs near $500, you are better off getting a new TV. You can get a 60" with better quality at just a higher price point nowadays,

Ya, I had already decided that if the repair were much more than $250 or $300, I'd be looking into replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts