AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shut it off last night and today when I turned it on the only LED that is lit is the green LED under HD3.

The unit is unresponsive and the System Ready light does not light.

I've tried powering off and on several times, is there another trick or am I SOL.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
once or twice i've had to re-program the remote as described in the manual.

also, make sure you power on and off with the switch on the back panel.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
This may be the dreaded bug that Key Digital was telling me about and has since been fixed. Or, as JLM said, try reprogramming the remote, check the instruction manual. That happened to me and reprogramming the remote worked for me.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it is even getting to the point where the remote should work. The red system ready light never comes on. I have tried the power supply switch many times and also have tried reprogramming the remote.:(

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
send an email message to KeyDigital's tech support email.

You may also want to leave them a message on their phone number.

They'll get back to you quickly enough. Could be a semi-DOA.

As you know, most electronic units either break down in the first few hours of use, or after quite a while...

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has power....

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Quote,"Green LED under HD3 lit" I would think that the LED gets its power from the main power supply.Why would this indicate the main power supply fuse?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
it looks like it is just refusing to boot up. have you tried turning off the back power switch, unplugging the power cord, waiting 5 minutes and re-trying?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
turning off the back power switch, unplugging the power cord, waiting 5 minutes and re-trying?
Yup, tried that. It refuses to do anything other than sit there.

Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've seen exactly the same with my unit numerous times in the week I've had it. A single power cycle/reboot would do the trick, but unfortunately that does not work for your unit.

Regards,

Tom

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sending the unit in. The speculation is the software needs to be refreshed because it is hung. This seems to be the known problem. I have an early unit.

Steve

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
If it is the software, the fix is very simple and I can walk you through it. Just have KD send you the software board, it's the size of a pack of gum and you caninstall it without being down for a week or more and have to deal with shipping the monster.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, but they will fixup the fans also.

I know what you mean about the shipping monster, but I already did my half.

Steve

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just heard from Don at KD. He said he "re-flashed", and the unit booted up OK. He also replaced the fans and said he would ship it out this afternoon. Very nice service!

I also asked him to check the transcoding problem I was having (YPrPB to RGBHV) to see if he see's the problem as described in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=93013

I'll report when I recieve the unit back and try it out.

Steve

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Continueing the update.

The unit was returned without the fan to the power supply. This reduced the noise quite a bit, since it was the main culprit. The case fan still whines and is relatively loud. I think a reduction in RPM would effectively make that a non problem. I can't hear the CPU fan, which is good, it's probably not contributing too much to the noise. I don't feel any excessive heat coming from the top of the case, but the hole where the power supply fan was still is pretty warm.

I put the unit through it paces last night. I still have the problem with the transcoding of YPrPb to VGA and the VGA to VGA passthru. I'm hoping to get this resolved today. The VGA passthru problem is rather odd. Some background on the setup, I have a Mits ws65903 that only accepts RGBHV, I'm trying to feed it with their Directv received SR/HD5 which is YPrPb. Mits has a transcoder (CVT10) that convers the YPrPb to VGA. This feeds the TV quite well. When I take the RGBHV output of the CVT10 and try and pass thru the Leeza, the TV picture won't sync. I can pass the same signal through my Crystal Image scaler without a problem. The SD inputs all get displayed on the TV fine. I have described the YPrPb proble in a prior post.

I would also like to add, the output from my DVD player through the unit is quite good. I don't see any abberations nor problems with dark scenes. I'm currently using the SVIDEO feed from the Directv receiver which also looks suprisingly good, although I need to get some better cables for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.