AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my new Denon AVR-3310 dead or am I doing something wrong? I cannot get any music from the speakers. I plugged in a CD player to the CD input and 2 speakers into speakers A front L and R. I am not getting any sound. The only thing I hear is a click in the speakers when I turn the source select knob - click/pop noise is not loud but audible and volume control does not affect this.

Front speakers are set to A only and amp assign is set to normal. Also, Audyssey is not putting out any sound - gives me an error that I have no mic or speakers.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Have you had it working or is this brand new?

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
As it's refurbished and you don't know what factory settings were changed (eg. AMP ASSIGN should be on the factory default of Zone2 as NORMAL tells the AVR you have a 7.1 setup), your best bet is to first Reset the Microprocessor (p. 103). Then run AUTO SETUP ensuring that you were given the proper mic (DM-A409) and that it is snuggly plugged in to the mic jack.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I RESET the unit, ran AUTO SETUP with DM-A409 mic, AMP ASSIGN was default as ZONE2, no sound - changed AMP ASSIGN to NORMAL, no sound there either

I am thinking it is defective. Maybe I will call Denon for troubleshooting. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no test tones... only sound I get is a click/pop when changing sources, and also very faint and distorted music regardless of what the volume is set at if my cd player is plugged into DVD red/white analog audio (same with cd player plugged into "TV" source, probably other sources as well)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts