AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's fine to ask this question but I don't know where to post it. I'm thinking of selling my Sony 1272 crt projector. R&B tubes are like 9 an green I guess is like 8 or 7. Is $350 ok?

Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
So what are you going to get next!!!!?

Athanasios

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 /forum/post/14300211

So what are you going to get next!!!!?

Athanasios

step another level higher
maybe go with marquee 8500

I guess the $350 is correct then.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rtu0s1ty /forum/post/14301005

step another level higher
maybe go with marquee 8500

I guess the $350 is correct then.

Thanks.

Ahhhh !!!!! thats my Boy !!!!!!

Athanasios

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might find that $350 is a little high. I don't know if my little experience is enough to go on but I bought a 1252 for $200 and it included a very nice Draper screen. I also bought my 9PG+ for $330 which has a little more tube wear than your 1272. Both purchases were from people in the hobby, not from an auction or liquidation site.

Maybe I just found good deals but it seems to me that prices for these projectors have been falling for at least the last year. It all depends on finding the right buyer.

Good luck,

-Grog

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogthegreat /forum/post/14304460

You might find that $350 is a little high. I don't know if my little experience is enough to go on but I bought a 1252 for $200 and it included a very nice Draper screen. I also bought my 9PG+ for $330 which has a little more tube wear than your 1272. Both purchases were from people in the hobby, not from an auction or liquidation site.

Maybe I just found good deals but it seems to me that prices for these projectors have been falling for at least the last year. It all depends on finding the right buyer.

Good luck,

-Grog

Ok. I can change it but I'll try first.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My experience is that 1272s with no visible wear are free, so... With a little luck I ended up with a Barco g808s with 9/7/8 tubes for $400. An XG135LC with nearly no wear went for $500 on the bay. I can't imagine $350 being justified for a 1272, even if it was still in a sealed box.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You'd think this "for sale" ad here in the regular forum would get it sold for you, but the hobby has fallen so far that there are very few first timers in here, and they are likely the only bunch interested in buying your projector.

Craigslist and any other local "for sale" venue is better than posting it here, especially for that price.

Best of luck with your sale.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 /forum/post/14308632

You'd think this "for sale" ad here in the regular forum would get it sold for you, but the hobby has fallen so far that there are very few first timers in here, and they are likely the only bunch interested in buying your projector.

Craigslist and any other local "for sale" venue is better than posting it here, especially for that price.

That's the reason I was asking if my price is ok. I wasn't asking if someone wants to buy here. And yes, craigslist is where I really want to post my crt. I will only post screenshots here. LOL :p

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriSoft /forum/post/14306135

My experience is that 1272s with no visible wear are free, so... With a little luck I ended up with a Barco g808s with 9/7/8 tubes for $400. An XG135LC with nearly no wear went for $500 on the bay. I can't imagine $350 being justified for a 1272, even if it was still in a sealed box.
Looks like I'll just have to keep it. Save and then just find a higher model.

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 /forum/post/14308632

the hobby has fallen so far that there are very few first timers in here, and they are likely the only bunch interested in buying your projector.

There has been an NEC PG6 for sale on Craigslist here in Portland for weeks for $20. If it had the remote I MIGHT have gone to look at it.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudmouse /forum/post/14318419

There has been an NEC PG6 for sale on Craigslist here in Portland for weeks for $20. If it had the remote I MIGHT have gone to look at it.

Awesome, my friend is looking for one. Can you please help me find that link? I'll forward it to him. He hates his $14k Sharp digital projector because the bulb already busted twice.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I found it
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/emd/754461221.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's been for sale for a few weeks now, you might be able to talk him down to $15!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts