AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I tried to update my firmware on my Harman Kardon AVR 430. I followed the directions to a T, including reading them twice and having my wife read them and double check me. Here is what happened:
  1. Connected everything correctly and started the CPU Upgrade
  2. The system applied the update, but then threw a "Verification Error"
  3. I read some stuff on this forum, and by that advice, I clicked Yes to continue
  4. I had to click yes literally over 100 times, and the message kept coming up
  5. I finally clicked no, and the update quit
  6. I wasn't too worried, because other people had this problem and everything worked out for them, except that the power button on the AVR was blue(means the AVR is on) and wouldn't change back to yellow(means the AVR is in standby).
  7. So I closed the HK upgrade on my computer and hard powered off my AVR
  8. Followed the directions again and set everything up
  9. This time the CPU upgrade failed during install and threw the error that something failed, restart from beginning (i can't remember the exact wording)
  10. I clicked the OK button on the error popup, but it wouldn't go away. I must have clicked the button or pressed enter at least 100 times again.
  11. I finally gave up and killed the HK Upgrader process on my PC and hard powered off the AVR
  12. I set everything up to try again, but I kept getting the 'Wait Data' message from the HK Upgrader

I've done everything I can think of, but I cant even get the AVR to turn on. Nothing works.

What can I do now? HELP?!?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Sounds like it needs a service center.

·
Registered
220 Posts
hey

my buddy Tom had same problem before! you are not supposed closed your HK and hard powered off!!!

you must bring to service center for a check up (a 60 bucks loss) or replace the main board (another 150)

just go there see whats up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, thats what I was afraid of. I had a feeling that powering it off was the wrong thing to do, but I was in an infinite loop so I had no choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts