Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My screen will be around 7 feet wide and will be using an acoustically transparent fabric as my screen to put my center behind. I was planning on putting my left and right channel speakers behind it also, but now am wondering if the 7ft width is large enough. I am planning on going to Axiom bookshelf speakers as the front left and right. Is the 7ft width big enough or should I put the left and right speakers behind the proscenium that will be covered with GOM?? The speakers will be about 9.6 ft apart if I do this. What do you think will give me that best sound??

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
624 Posts
Without experience, I can only say to try it both ways before you put the GOM on the proscenium. I would think that the 9.6ft option would be better provided they were far enough from the adjoining walls.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mancubus,

Thanks for the reply. The room will be 11 ft wide, so they will be around a foot from the side walls and about 2 to 3 feet from the front wall if I put them beside the screen. Do you think that is too close to the side walls?? Anyone else have any comments??

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
136 Posts
How far will your listeners be from the speakers?

·
Registered
766 Posts
My opinion would be to not put the L/R speakers behind the screen.

Why? The soundstage is the issue here. You want sound 'pans' to sound right. This is why if you have a really small TV, you don't want the speakers really far from the sides of the TV -- otherwise a car driving across the screen will not have the sound follow it well (the sound will travel a lot further than the image).

My preference is to have the L/R speakers just a little beyond the edge of the screen -- giving a nice seemless sound pan/image pan match.

Roo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.