AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung 60" UN60H6350 that I purchased a few weeks ago. This morning when I turned on the TV there was a blue triangle cutting diagonally across the screen and when the image came on everything was diagonal rainbows. See the picture. I tried different inputs and cables and the crazy picture remained. Then about 30 minutes later after turning the TV off and on, it was back to normal. So my questions:

Any idea what the problem is? Is it potentially major?
Should I return my TV? I got it at a discount so I'd probably have to pay more to replace it with a different one, but if this is a major problem I probably should.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
That TV is defective. I would just have it exchanged straight up, dunno why they would charge you more for a replacement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That TV is defective. I would just have it exchanged straight up, dunno why they would charge you more for a replacement.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Thanks. Since it's end of the year it's no longer in stock at many places, so I'll have to buy it from somewhere else (for a bit more) or pay a lot more to get a 2015 model once they come out (soon?)
Regardless, i'd return it ASAP so you don't completely lose all the money you paid for it. If you keep it and start dealing with Samsung's warranty department, they may decide that you somehow damaged the screen and refuse to repair the TV, then you've lost your chance to return it for a full refund.

You can probably find another good deal somewhere on outgoing models before the new 2015's start arriving.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regardless, i'd return it ASAP so you don't completely lose all the money you paid for it. If you keep it and start dealing with Samsung's warranty department, they may decide that you somehow damaged the screen and refuse to repair the TV, then you've lost your chance to return it for a full refund.

You can probably find another good deal somewhere on outgoing models before the new 2015's start arriving.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I have a Samsung 60" UN60H6350 that I purchased a few weeks ago. This morning when I turned on the TV there was a blue triangle cutting diagonally across the screen and when the image came on everything was diagonal rainbows. See the picture. I tried different inputs and cables and the crazy picture remained. Then about 30 minutes later after turning the TV off and on, it was back to normal. So my questions:

Any idea what the problem is? Is it potentially major?
Should I return my TV? I got it at a discount so I'd probably have to pay more to replace it with a different one, but if this is a major problem I probably should.

Thanks
there onsale at bestbuy for a grand

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumping this thread. So I returned my TV and got a new one back in April, and the new one did the exact same thing today!!! Turning the TV off and on quickly resolved the problem, but this is pretty annoying. What should I do? I'm obviously outside of the return window. The warranty window is till April 2016, but at this point the problem has only happened once. Advice?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Bumping this thread. So I returned my TV and got a new one back in April, and the new one did the exact same thing today!!! Turning the TV off and on quickly resolved the problem, but this is pretty annoying. What should I do? I'm obviously outside of the return window. The warranty window is till April 2016, but at this point the problem has only happened once. Advice?
right out of the box it did the same thing? or over time it developed it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts