AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is very strange to me. for the last three days when i play any video of my harddrive in any player i get rows of black dotted lines look like vertial page breaks.

but when i play videos online youtube and such no issues at all. when i take a screen shot the picture is clear. i tried two monitors and a tv. and the same thing happens on all of them.

it's driving me nuts. what can cause this? i'm using a laptop so i really hope its not the video card. i don't like taking my laptop apart. so not cool

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now thats a great idea, let me try to see what happens.... wow this is getting stranger by the hour. i only have two restore points one for today and one for yesterday... i might reinstall windows just to see what will happen

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden HD codecs, mpeg4, h264, etc, stopped working in my Win7 setup. I loaded the last restore of a program when I knew it was working and it started working again. Windows restore was a great addition to Windows when XP came.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok matter of fact this is exactly what happened. my lap top was hooked up to my tv, had it running 12hrs straight, in my hot apartment. came home from work, watched tv on it. kept it running while i unhooked the vga cable pulled out the power cord. brought it to my bedroom. hooked it up to my monitor speakers and pluged the power in. everything seemed perfect.

once i tried to play a video the screen looked like the movie had video overlay of verical page break dots. bestway to explain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.