AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone can diagnose the problem from just a forum description but here goes.

On Saturday, my Vizio VO47L suddenly developed problems. While watching, it instantly became very dim and is emitting a high pitched hum from the right rear of the set. Of course, earlier we were watching the Smithsonian HD channel with flybys of Maine and I remember thinking that the set looked better than ever. Jinxed for sure!

Anyway, I have heard that sets are not repaired anymore... Just buy a new one. (Don't know how true this is. ) Was wondering if anyone had this issue and if this is something repairable?

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
sounds like the backight inverter or power supply, in some sets thay are on the same board

Reactions: vlad335

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Pretty sure it is the backlight inverter. Found this thread where the OP was having the same problem. Said he fixed it with replacing both backlight inverters.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1337915/problem-with-vizio-vo47lfhdtv10a-backlight-inverter

Of course, the part my TV has is showing that everyone is OOS for this particular item. 6632L-0392A and 6632L-0393A. ( Master and slave) Seems this TV used 2 different types of inverters and the other one is everywhere for sale. Could get both for as low as $39 from China. Oh well...

If I get it fixed I will post here to maybe help someone in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts