AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I plan on picking up a 40"-ish 1080P LCD sometime in the next few months. I've through all of the huge mega monster threads and it seems like the closest set to perfect for me is the LN4096D. It seems like all of the models have some sort of minor glitch, and to me the overscan issue is probably the least worrisome. Plus the 4096D just happens to be on sale right now in my area.

But I'm hesitant to pull the trigger right now because of all the flashy new panels we've just seen announced at the CES. This industry is very new to me and I can see how quickly things change.

My question, then, is are we likely to see these new models released anytime soon? If it means waiting a couple of months to get a newer model (or a current model for much cheaper), then I'm willing to wait, but I'm not sure how to find out what's in the pipeline right now.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm also planning to purchase my next set, a 52" XBR3, It's my favorite set but right now I'm waiting to see what comes out from Sony besides that 70" monster for '07 and waiting on another {price drop} miracle. If I were you, I'll wait until the end of March mid April to see what Samsung, Sharp and Toshiba have to offer then compare features between 2006 and 2007 models. This year the race for flat panel sales supremacy starts early.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Personally, I have decided to wait just a few more months so I can see the 120Hz panels. I watch a lot of sports (hockey and football especially), so anything that can help with or even eliminate motion blurring would be a complete blessing. If this is not really a problem for you, maybe you should consider the great deals on last year's models. There are still some good 1080p LCD's out there, and I can tell you without a doubt that if it were not for the 120Hz thing being right around the corner I would have already pulled the trigger on a 37" Mitsubishi for the bedroom and a 46" Mitsubishi for the living room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.