AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if you have any experience with NXG Technology's NX-RM820 remote. Its descriptions, manual and even the editor look just like those of the MX-850. The specific questions I have are: 1) can I use URC's MX-850 editor to download my MX-850 config to this NX-RM820 device? and 2) will it work with my MRF-250 basestation?

For curiosity, I just downloaded and tried the NXG editor and its version was 1.12.230 (much lower than URC's current), although it also had the HEX editor. It was able to open my MX-850 config files w/o problems. I am still away from home or I would have try to upload from my remote. BTW, they also have the NX-RM610 and 505 which look very much like the MX-650 and 500, respectively.

If anyone has info/experience with this, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Yes AFAIK they are the same (other than silk screening at the bottom), you can use the MX-850 software for the 820 (or the 800 actually), be aware the they might technically have different firmware for the diff remotes, however I have never had a problem with the 850 -> 820 downloads.

I find it silly of URC not to use the same software for all 3 (hmm actually there is also a 700? w/o rf too)

BTW if you drop it and it rattles you probably broke off the RF antenna inside, IR will still work but you will need to solder the antenna back on for RF (not fun).

* Yes I know this was an old thread but figured others may need to know too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloken /forum/post/18790149

Yes AFAIK they are the same (other than silk screening at the bottom), you can use the MX-850 software for the 820 (or the 800 actually), be aware the they might technically have different firmware for the diff remotes, however I have never had a problem with the 850 -> 820 downloads.

I find it silly of URC not to use the same software for all 3 (hmm actually there is also a 700? w/o rf too)

BTW if you drop it and it rattles you probably broke off the RF antenna inside, IR will still work but you will need to solder the antenna back on for RF (not fun).

* Yes I know this was an old thread but figured others may need to know too.

Welcome to AVS
and thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts