AVS Forum banner

541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
We don't know; that certainly could be the case.

But note that OLED screens are widely used in phones, where the interface literally is the same and unchanging a large proportion of the time.
I do agree but phone screens are 90% of the time off, and phone are replaced after 2 years in average so....

·
Registered
100 Posts
My OLED has the overwatch ult meter burn in. Really depressing. I did play it quite a bit, but maybe only 5% of TV use time. Very disappointed. Used all the tools like refresher, luminescence, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not burn-in. You can't get burn-in in hours. You can't even get it in days. You have image retention, and it will go away. Relax.

OLEDs cannot literally "burn in" like CRTs and plasmas of the past could. That is not what OLED burn-in is. OLED burn-in is literally just the individual (sub)pixels growing dimmer over time from use. 8 hours (or 20 hours, or 100 hours) is not enough time for those specific subpixels to have grown dimmer than nearby subpixels. Numerous tests have pointed to well over 1000 hours for things to become noticeable.

Image retention is like a burner on your stove that stays hot after you turn it off. And the hotter it was, the longer it will stay hot for. You got your burner really hot overnight. It will take a few days to cool off. But it will get back to normal.

541 - 546 of 546 Posts