AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TitanTV site and Antenna Web.org says Yes with a medium size directional antenna with PreAmp. People I have talked to at places in the San Fernando Valley think that the hills between Santa Clarita and Mt. Wilson would make it impossible. The two web sites argue that they take terrain into account.

Does anyone know what the truth is with respect to this area?

FWIW, I live in a one story home witha tile roof and no major obstructions within 4 city blocks. In fact, I'm sort of on top of a small hill but of course, there are those darn BIG hills in the Newhall pass area separating our scenic valley from the San Fernando Valley and beyond...

Words of encouragement? or doom?

Please advise,

Robb

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just had pretty good luck... See my thread in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=278783

My advice would be to go with the best antenna you can get, as high as possible, and get the CM 7775 pre-amp. And then cross your fingers. But I am pretty excited that I got everything but Fox. And Fox may be possible since the receiver thought for a while before giving up. Once they go to HD, I may try again.

BTW, Robb, TitanTV said I had no chance (so I can't even get digital listings from my account... GRRRR... time to change my profile and say I am in Castaic) and antennaweb said I wouldn't get any digital OTA either. Best of luck guys or gals and I'll try and answer any questions if I can. Don't forget Comcast either, although they don't have CBS right now.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:
Words of encouragement?
A friend in Woodlands gets everything.
Quote:
or doom?
I can't get squat near McBean & Copperhill.

Antennaweb is useless - it says he can't get anything and that I can get most things. Bass ackwards. Fair enough? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.