AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I was wondering if there was any news on Panasonic updating the PT-AR100U projector. After doing some research I've decided on this model for it's high lumen output and picture quality. The projector will be used both indoor and outdoor. I just wanted to be sure there was not a new model that would be released in the very near future.

Thanks greatly in advance!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke  /t/1471129/is-panasonic-planning-on-a-refresh-for-the-pt-ar100u#post_23274189

Hello folks,

I was wondering if there was any news on Panasonic updating the PT-AR100U projector. After doing some research I've decided on this model for it's high lumen output and picture quality. The projector will be used both indoor and outdoor. I just wanted to be sure there was not a new model that would be released in the very near future.

Thanks greatly in advance!

Cheers

The predecessor to the AR100U was the Panasonic PT-AX200U projector that shipped from October 2007 to May 2011 - life span of about 3 1/2 years. The AR100U first shipped in October 2011, so assuming the same term longevity don't expect a replacement until October 2015. This is bolstered by the fact that the AR100U has been one of Panasonic's best selling projectors in the sub-$1500 class and has proven very reliable with few problems.

Evolution of Panasonic Home Cinema Projectors

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MrG for the information. Projector is ordered and on it's way. along with a 132" outdoor screen. I've thought about returning the screen and going to a DIY 16'x9'. Probably try this one out first and see what happens. Only problem with the screens is that both will be put up/taken down a lot.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts