AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around to buy a second Panasonic 42 inch Plasma but can only find the TC-P42X5.

We've have a 42X1 that still runs and looks great.

I was hoping to find a 1080P with internet connection model but they have seemed to which have disappeared.

The X1 would go in the basement and the new in the living room.

Has there been any word on Panasonic on this?

I really don't want an LCD/LED model, I seem to get a head ache after watching them for a while.

Plus, my wife isn't wild about a 50 inch system which would seen to over whelm the living room.

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
None available anymore this year and I don't know if they will be producing for 2013 since they stopped production of 42" (I think it was the UT50) so soon this year.

·
Premium Member
18,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniffen  /t/1421561/is-panasonic-selling-42-inch-plasmas-in-the-us-any-more#post_22244603

I've been looking around to buy a second Panasonic 42 inch Plasma but can only find the TC-P42X5......Has there been any word on Panasonic on this?

Yes, Panasonic discontinued the 42" UT50 a few months after they released it due to lack of interest from retailers. Sears reportedly bought up the last remaining inventory recently but availability is sketchy. The only 42" Panasonic Plasma being made now is the X5.

How about just buying a used 2010/2011 42" Panny off Craigslist for cheap? The ST30 was the last good 42" Panasonic.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters  /t/1421561/is-panasonic-selling-42-inch-plasmas-in-the-us-any-more#post_22245327

The ST30 was the last good 42" Panasonic.

According to who? The 42'' S30 was also a very good 'full rez' set.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts