AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, I might use my XP21N for school and buy the PLV-70 for home theater.

By the way, the XP21 looks FANTASTIC with the Da-Lite high power screen. I know conventional logic says that the image might be too bright. Maybe so, on a small screen or with a brand new bulb. But at around 700 hours on my bulb, and with a 10-foot wide screen, there is a tremendous improvement in snap and impact, contrast and shadow detail over gray fabrics like the Da-Mat HC and HC Cinemavision and over neutral white screens, and whites are "hot" only when the glare originates in the lighting of the film.

Back to the bloom issue. I never could find satisfaction with the PLV-60, even in the "improved" Studio Experience incarnation, because of the bloom in bright scenes. Absolutely non-existent on the XP21.

I would appreciate comments from PLV-70 owners who have also owned XP21's.

Mike

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I don't qualify as a previous XP21N owner, but there is no bloom on the PLV-70. You should enjoy a bit more contrast (the specs are higher) and the internal scaler and deinterlacer is better. I thoroughly enjoy a native widescreen projector. JHouse owned both. You might PM him, but he switched to the SE 20HD as soon as he could. This might help:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=170887

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "bloom" Mike. No digital projector can bloom, even the 60. Are you describing "white out" like you get when the contrast too high ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.