AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have insight into what's going on at Polk? No one there answers phone calls or emails. Polk's own Support Forum is spattered with customer complaints.

Apparently this lack of customer communication has been going on for several months.

Many customers who've purchased Polk products in reliance on its 60-day Return Policy are finding out the hard way that Polk no longer honors that Policy even though it continues to advertise said policy on its website. Polk seemingly is ignoring customer requests for returns letting the 60-day period lapse.

Some customers have either threatened to or have filed fraud complaints against Polk with their state's Attorneys General or Consumer Fraud Divisions.

I sought to return a few items that I bought two weeks ago and followed the Return Policy directions explicitly. Despite sending multiple follow-up emails and spending hours on hold waiting for a "representative", I too have yet to receive a reply or to speak with anyone.

I may be out $500+ (although I'll still file a small claims suit against it in Maryland where Polk has one of its offices and see what that gets me).

Anyone here experiencing the same?

The Frank Sterns hire appears to be a disaster for a once proud brand.

What's happening at Polk might serve as a wakeup call for anyone who's considering buying a product from this and the other Sound United brands (Denon, Marantz, Def Tech, Classe).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Eh, maybe not out of business.... I mean, they're running those Reserves and Legends around that released.

Maybe they're just going out of the customer service game and can blame COVID for it for a while?

Sad to hear, I like Polks.

Very best,

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Eh, maybe not out of business.... I mean, they're running those Reserves and Legends around that released.
Not in Canada they aren't. They've refused to let retailers up here sell them, and skirted around whether they'll allow the Reserve series to be sold up here when I asked them.

They'd rather stick us with the Signature series... and even then, they won't let retailers sell the Walnut finish option, either (I've asked a few retailers about that, and they've all said they can't get them).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not in Canada they aren't. They've refused to let retailers up here sell them, and skirted around whether they'll allow the Reserve series to be sold up here when I asked them.

They'd rather stick us with the Signature series... and even then, they won't let retailers sell the Walnut finish option, either (I've asked a few retailers about that, and they've all said they can't get them).
That's weird. Big difference between "won't let" and "can't get" though.

Very best,

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That's weird. Big difference between "won't let" and "can't get" though.

Very best,
When you ask "are you able to order in X finish for Y speaker" and the answer is "No, we can't", that means the manufacturer won't let them.

I have even asked Polk directly, several times, whether they intend to allow retailers up here to sell the Legend series (and now the Reserves), even asking why retailers up here aren't able to sell the Walnut finish in the Signature series, and each time they've given me the run around/skirted directly answering the question. That also tells me that they're refusing to let retailers here sell them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts