AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 Sony TVs. Both 65" rear projections, a KP-65WS500 and a KP-65WV600. The 600 has a burnt out blue bulb and the 500 has a cracked screen, I'd like to be able to make one good TV out of the two.

Ideally (assuming it will work in the other TV) I would replace the burnt out bulb in the 600 with the working one in the 500, again, if it's even possible. If it is, is it a DIY project?

The second option is to replace the broken screen with the newer one. I am assuming I can, and that it will fit.

Does anyone know if I'm on the right track? Are the lamps transferable etc...?

Thanks in advance,

Dok

·
Registered
562 Posts
Your displays are CRT (cathode ray tube) rear projection TV's. As such, they do not use "lamps" or "bulbs", they use cathode ray tubes to generate the picture.

I don't know if your two displays use the same CRT's, but even if they do the CRT's would not be considered a user replaceable item except by the most knowledgeable and skilled users.

Don't go digging around inside the units unless/until you know exactly what you're doing. Many CRT based displays have components with very high voltages, even when they're turned off and unplugged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts