AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think replay service is down ... i.e. channel guide has not been refreshing for the past few days. One of my two replays had blank channel guide. I checked the messages and it looks like the nightly updates failed for the past few days and I tried to force it again today and it failed .. said service is not currently available will try later. Same was the case in my other unit but there is still channel guide info left probably for a day or two more. Are you guys having the same problem? Check your messages from the Menu, also try to connect to service now and let me know.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Just did a net connect @11:27pm Pacific & guide was updated normally.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Sounds like a problem on your end. I have not experienced any service interruption for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the false alarm then ... I saw another posting regarding channel guide being down in myreplaytv.com ... so I thought it may be related since coincidentaly I was having this problem.

Any words of advice on what I can do to isolate the problem? I have buffallo WBRG54s setup as bridges for home networking for each of my two units ... the two replays can see each other fine ... the desktop computer with DV Archive running on the same network can also see the two replays just fine as well as the desktop computer connects to the internet also. So the replays should be able to connect to the service without any problems ... I'd think. I did 243 zones and tried to force a netconnect ... still says that the service is not currently available. What else can I try to see why my connection is not going thru?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Perhaps DNS on the RTVs is not working properly. Check DNS settings and make sure they match your PC DNS which is apparently working. If DNS settings match try and ping the RTV server by name to ensure it can be reached from your PC - the server name escapes me now but I'm sure someone here can provide the name if you don't already know it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by moyekj
...try and ping the RTV server by name to ensure it can be reached from your PC - the server name escapes me now but I'm sure someone here can provide the name if you don't already know it.
production.replaytv.net

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rtvaddict
Any words of advice on what I can do to isolate the problem? I have buffallo WBRG54s setup as bridges for home networking for each of my two units ... the two replays can see each other fine ... the desktop computer with DV Archive running on the same network can also see the two replays just fine as well as the desktop computer connects to the internet also.
Is it possible you tried to setup wireless MAC filtering but ended up setting

up Internet filtering based on MAC address instead?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to ping production.replaytv.net from my PC ... request times out (comes with the correct ip .. 209.10.46.170 but unable to ping it). Same is the case with just replaytv.net. Where do I go from here ..?

I have setup wireless mac filtering correctly I think to setup the buffalo units in a star configuration ... not sure where I would even setup a internet mac address filtering. I am able to surf the net from my desktop ok otherwise as well as each of my rtvs and computers are able to talk to each other .. so I'm not sure why it is just the replaytv refresh that is not working ... please help some more. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to add ... dns settings are set to dhcp ... dns is automatic on my pc. On my rtv, I set it to dhcp also but if I switch to manual mode, it shows the gateway, dns as the ip of my computer or the router (can't remember which one and my kid is sleeping and I can't turn the tv on) ... but I guess it should'nt matter since it is automatic mode. Anyway, the puzzling part is why am not to ping it from my desktop?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Have you tried rebooting the ReplayTV?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have had this problem since the new software came out some time ago. For some reason it won't connect every 2-3 days. I end having to pull power on my belkin switch and my dsl modem. I suspect it has to do with new software b/c it worked perfectly before the update. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cancel Red Alert

My RTV is working now ... I couldn't sleep with my channel guide empty so got up at 4:30am and started looking into it. After a bit of soul searching, AVS Forum searching and caffeine in my system, changed the network settings to manual, tried changing the gateway and dns etc of the rtv downstairs to match the main router instead of wireless bridge that the unit is locally connected to (duh! it should've never been set that way ... realize that now!) and changed the ip to be in the addressable space of the main router. Did a connect and it voila! it worked. Should work upstairs too once my kid wakes up ...

Thanks for the early morning replies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.