Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, if this has been asked before.

I currently have a Sony HD-100 and an oval dish. I get a signal strength on 85-95 on A, but only a 20-30 on B (I need to have some trees trimmed). I occasionally due get break-ups on 199 and 509.

I got my free Sat C kit from DirecTV and the "Professional" installer set it up on my oval dish. I changed the sat. set-up on the HD-100 unit to three LNBs, the only problem is I am not getting any (zero, zip, nada) signal on the C sat!

The installer said "You need at least a 50% signal on Sat B in order to get anything on Sat C". He then suggested, I get some tall trees that are in the line of sight trimmed.

Is the installer selling me some BS, I thought since Sat C was at a higher elevation than Sat B I should be getting some signal.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Your installer is feeding you a line of crap. If your oval dish is setup properly as you say, you should get as strong a signal on C as you are getting on A. I get a 97-100 on A, 50-60 on B and about 96-97 on C. Of course if you have something impeeding the line of sight of your dish (it would have to be very narrow if you get A and B) that's a different story.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I get about the same on all sat when ive checked on my HD100. But the fact that your only getting 20-30 on B either your dish needs to be re-aimed on as you said you might have to trim your trees. Most likely installer didnt want to re-aim your dish to try getting around the trees.

Chris

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I would supect your "C" kit LNB was not installed in your dish properly, newer dish's are plug and play, the older ones have to be wired correctly (with supplied parts).

Good luck and enjoy when you get it working.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I suspect that the cable out of the combiner isn't going to the 18v

connector on your multiswitch. I had the same problem but without

the "assistance" of an installer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.