AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a Shuttle SB51G to use as the base for an HTPC. Having only one expansion slot, I'd like to equip the unit with a DVB tuner instead of a Radeon 9500 (as the majority of owners do). My planned HW configuration is:

shuttle SB51G

1GB DDR333/PC2700 DIMM (512MB matched set)

Sony DRU500AX DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW

shuttle TV Out adapter

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz PC533

120GB Seagate Barracuda

This decision will leave me with the onboard video to feed RGB video to my Panasonic plasma screen. I'm planning on using the HTPC as a progressive DVD player, an MP3 jukebox, a CD/DVD burner and DVB PVR and time shift recorder. I'll be feeding the video into the integrated VGA connector on the plasma.

Is the onboard Intel 845GE video good enough for this application? Will I be able to control the video resolution using dScaler and end up with an acceptable picture on the plasma?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I found the onboard of the SS51G to be significantly less pleasing than that of the ATI 8500 AIW, which is what I went with. I'm feeding a Sony projector with 768 MB ram and 440GB HDD (including a 200GB in an external enclosure). System specs and photos can be found here: My shuttle based system .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.