Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody:

I have just seen an unbelievable price for this unit offered by an online vendor,E-Cost. Go check at pricegrabber website for yourself. Apparently this vendor is the only one out of 15 plus others offering such a bargain. Too good to be true. It seems to be a brand new product. Does anybody know any news related such discount for this model??? Is newer model to be released any moment??? By the way, I have never seen this model with my eyeballs. Can anybody comment on its picture quality? Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
I called a few minutes ago.

They confirmed the price.

I was told new stock (not refurb/open box).

Special order (2-3 weeks + shipping)

I have a friend who has one. He paid 8k a few months back. For that price he wishes he got the Panasonic as he thinks it's better.

For this price we'll see if they honour the order...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I knew it...

We wanted to let you know that we have cancelled your order

due to a pricing error on our site. When we became aware of the

mistake, we cancelled the order per the procedures outlined on our site

text.

With that said, we are truly sorry for the mistake and the inconvenience

that we may have caused you. If you are still interested in the product,

please revisit our website at a later date to inquire about availability.

You can also contact our customer service department toll free at

877-888-2678.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving you

again at eCOST.com.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
These kind of mistake happen.

Irrespective of this, however, I hate ecost. They have bogus charges on top of shipping that often make their deal appear better than it is.

I realize this must've been a bona fide mistake, but I just don't like them anyway.

Mark

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would not have normally used them. All my computer stuff normally comes from places like Newegg.

This was too good a deal to pass up though, even with the 2% "handling charge" they tack on. I live in NY state so most of the cheaper e-tailers will perforce charge me tax on a purchase of this sort. Being in CA, this bunch wouldn't. I knew it was their mistake when I placed the order, and I had no expectation of receiving it - it was just on the chance that it fell through the cracks...

Now back to trying to decide whether to get the panasonic or the pioneer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.