AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone(9:07PM-EDT) with Charles Robinson of Sony(located in Ft. Myers, Florida).He is a level II tech or level II customer service rep. I called twice and he called me back(I had spoken to him previously to report the dropout problems/fan noise, etc.). He said to send the unit to Sony in Westwood, MA and list the problems--this is the second time he has suggested sending the unit back. I again asked him if there was a real "fix" for the dropout problem-his answer:" We will get the unit up to Sony specs." I asked him what that meant and got no comment. I again asked him if Sony had discovered a "fix"--he would not say yes or no. I told him this was no way to do business--have customers call and call, but not release an indication

that there is a fix or order a recall of all units. I asked for an email address to send him this thread directly--he gave me the generic Sony email through their site. He also said that they "have not received that many calls about the dropout problem, but that Sony was aware of it." I sent the email thread and I'm giving all of you his direct phone number. Call and leave messages, talk to him, let him know that we are out there ! Charles Robinson, 1-941-768-7525 (1:15PM-10:15PM EDT--Mon-Fri.--his hours). The Sony link to their email:
www.sony.com/SEL/consumer/SS5/custserv.shtml.

I hope this helps. It would help if others gave us their contacts and phone numbers. There is power in numbers !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.