AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the long thread on the MYHD 120 I saw the reference to MIT's ftp site. When I went there today I noticed there was a file dated 1-20-3003 but the version number was newer. THought that was odd. An hour later I go back and look again and I see that it is now dated today. 1-20-2004. So I wonder if this is another beta or final release? Won't know till I get off work and install. Just thought I would mention.

ftp://ftp.mitinc.co.kr/pub/MyHD/test/v1.62.3/

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice find, I'll have to test this one out tonight. It looks like a new beta test version: 1.62.3.15

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran home during lunch and gave it a whirl. Works great for me for DVD playback, whereas I was having all kinds of skipping and stuttering difficulties with the previous official US release.

DVD mode is great, works without a hiccup so far (fingers crossed).

Interesting to note that this version of the myHD driver includes a Win2K specific driver. My recollection from last time was that there was an XP driver and a 98 driver, but not a specific Win2K driver.

·
Oppo Beta Group
12,279 Posts
Excellent.

I will check this out.

Here are the problems I have with the previous beta:

- Occasional hangs

- DVD playback hung. Only once though.

- Screen saver is not disabled in HD mode

- Quick channel changes sometime hang the app

- Channel changes sometime require OK to take

Too bad the last beta got out of hand.

-- Rich

·
Registered
25 Posts
This version seems to work very well. Since I am running the Intel 865 chip set, the previous versions would lockup about 80% of the time when playing DVDs or recorded files. So far this version is working great with no lockups. This is the first time I was able to use MyHD to play DVDs, and the PQ is great.

Only noticed one bug so far, one I reported in the last thread. When not using the overlay window, if MyHD is closed when tuned to an analog channel, when it is opened back up the HD picture will be black, until the channel is changed once.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I am having lock ups when the app opens after wake up from stand by.

Started after installing this ver and drv. and set FPM to 1 for ABC audio.

On: (Soyo Dragon Ult Pltnm KT333 - AMD XP2100 - WIN 2K.)

I'm testing now to see if the FPM change is the cause.

As has been said before though....These vers are in a TEST folder and are not official releases. As the prev Beta...the DVD play is great on my system...watched the Discovery Channel, Bismarck (James Cameron) DVD and played perfect.

·
Registered
644 Posts
which fpm are you guys using? in the latest official release, the only one that works for me for file playback is fpm=1, & i have to turn my hyper-threading off. anyone having any luck w/ these test versions w/ dvd or file playback w/ hyper-threading turned on? if so, which fpm are you using?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have been using this release for the last couple days and have not seen any problems on my system. File playback, recording, and dvd playback are all working. I do not have hyperthreading so I cannot comment on that issue.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Could someone please educate me? What is myhd? Is it an HD demo?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TxnBluDvl
I ran home during lunch and gave it a whirl. Works great for me for DVD playback, whereas I was having all kinds of skipping and stuttering difficulties with the previous official US release.

DVD mode is great, works without a hiccup so far (fingers crossed).

Interesting to note that this version of the myHD driver includes a Win2K specific driver. My recollection from last time was that there was an XP driver and a 98 driver, but not a specific Win2K driver.
Ok,

I am kinda new to MYHD dvd playback. Finally got a dvd drive in my machine. I tried to playback Finding Nemo and whenever I tried to go fullscreen it would just be a blank screen. I did some reading and found out that it doesn't do copy protected dvds. So how are you guys playing dvds with the myhd card? Are you using a window?

·
Registered
387 Posts
myHD cannot output the dvd in HD mode due to macrovision restrictions. There is an easy workaround to this by installing a program such as AnyDvd. This removes the macrovision on the fly, and myHD will then output the dvd at 1080i in all its beautifull glory!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can someone please fill me in on what this is?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
354 Posts
Paul,

As brethomp replied to your first inquiry, MyHD is a PCI HDTV Tuner card. The link he included gives you the full skinny on the card as well as the only place you can purchase it in the US (or at least that's my understanding). The card's primary function is to receive both digital and analog signals. It can capture them for playback with some rudimentarly PVR capacity including scheduled and repeating records. As you have read here, it can also be used to play DVD's with an awesome picture.

Now I have a question of my own. With the beta release, how do you change FPM? Is it changing a registry variable with regedit, simpler, or harder? I swear I should have seen this somewhere but I haven't found an answer.

Richard

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will try the programs this weekend.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.