AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

I searched on the forum for an actual picture of a burned pixel but could'nt find any thus why I am posting now.

Today, after playing game on my PS3, I found the following white form on my screen. It's a LG 47LC7DF

Attachment 169104

I don't know if the picture is doing justice but with my eyes it doesn't seem to be pixel related. It look more like a short thin hair that is white lighted. So I am wondering what that could be ?

Thanks alot for the help!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
are you talking about the big circle thing, about 2-3 pixels wide? or that little hair in the middle?

if its the circle thing, does it happen on all inputs?

if it's that hair, looks like a scratch in the lcd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The yellow circle is from a program that I used to try to unstuck the pixel because I tought maybe it was a burned one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, I looked again closely at the picture and yes the circle is on all inputs. I found it when it was a black background.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's a defect in your LCD panel. I've seen this in the past on certain types of LCD's. Nothing will fix this type of defect unfortunally. If you look at this white area under a microscope, you'll see it's a perminent scratch allowing the backlight to always show.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
You can have a stuck pixel(s) which sometimes can be released via light rubbing with microfiber cloth or you can have dead pixels on an LCD that don't respond to massage but you can't BURN a pixel on an LCD as there is nothing to BURN unless you have a static image that is running for many, many years.

I've owned five LCD TV's the past 7 years in my home and never had either - the only place I've experienced them are on the Network I buy for and manage with far cheaper LCD Monitors on rare occasions but I have close to 600 LCD monitors with 3 yr warranties and stuck/dead pixels have = a fraction of 1% the past 7 years.

I also have ten LCD TV's on my network with none.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts