AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a way to put an AV rack in my faux wall. It doesn't have to be a huge rack, probably around 30 inches. That would cause the gap between the top of my screen and my ceiling to be closer to 7 inches and I am worried about a lot of light reflection.

I could always do two smaller racks and leave the foot of clearance at the top.

Follow up, if I do racks with glass fronts can I get away with covering those fronts with felt or spandex to block light?

·
Registered
Emotiva XMC-2, Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3, JVC NX7, NHT VT-3/VC-3/VR-3, NHT iC4-ARC x4, HSU VTF-3 MK5 x2
229 Posts
It's doable, but keep in mind that the closer your screen gets to the ceiling, the more you're going to need black velvet or some other treatment on the ceiling to kill light reflections.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's doable, but keep in mind that the closer your screen gets to the ceiling, the more you're going to need black velvet or some other treatment on the ceiling to kill light reflections.
Perhaps I will go with two racks. That should be doable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My screen is several feet below the ceiling and I still needed black velvet to handle the light reflections. So, either way, get some black velvet... :)
Fair enough! How far out did you go with velvet? Three or four feet?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My screen goes all the way to my ceiling, and I don't have any issues that bother me. My ceiling is painted the same color as my walls (dark gray).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts