1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroder /forum/post/14201822

Looks like this is the one you need.

I've looked at those from both monoprice and firefold. I'd like to avoid the splitter since I dont need one. I'm only sending one signal at a time.

In the past the 2x1 was modable, this would be the cheapest and easiest route

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also interested in sending only 1 signal at a time and was wondering if you came to any conclusion regarding this?

(I have 2 LCD tv in seperate rooms but 1 main AV center where the HDMI cables run back too in the family room)

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still haven't heard anything, I'm tempted to try but my other route is a 1x2 splitter from firefold.com. The monoprice would be much cheaper but I'm not sure the mod will still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizidog /forum/post/14267823

I am also interested in sending only 1 signal at a time and was wondering if you came to any conclusion regarding this?

(I have 2 LCD tv in seperate rooms but 1 main AV center where the HDMI cables run back too in the family room)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Yup, I just did it following the instructions in the reviews on the monoprice site for the product (hds-201) . I used a few strands of copper speaker wire and a piece of electrical tape, but a thin paperclip would work. Just slide it under both sides of the resistor, make sure it has contact and tape it down. Take it out and it reverts to its original function.

It now is an A/B switch of the hdmi input (put the source in the out). My amp sends the hdmi out to the switch, then to the tv or projector.

I hope to do the same thing with my pc output so I can have it going to the tv or to a monitor.

Good luck!

Greg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, damn I wish you had seen this thread a week ago. I got in the firefold 1x2 splitter yesterday, it's doing the job just a little more expensive.

thanks for the reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts