AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the Anthem MRX 720 overkill for these speakers?

Hi, is the Anthem MRX 720 overkill for these speakers:

2X ELAC UNI-FI FS U5 SLIM

ELAC UNI-FI CC U5 SLIM

2X ELAC WS 1445

I want a receiver I can have for a long time and to update the speakers when the wallet permits. Therefor I want the newest sound formats and video standards.

It will be used a lot for both music listening and movie watching. Even given the previous statement audio quality is number 1.

Can it be used as a power amp with a new sound processor in the future for example when HDMI 2.1 Arrives?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Hi, is the Anthem MRX 720 overkill for these speakers:

2X ELAC UNI-FI FS U5 SLIM

ELAC UNI-FI CC U5 SLIM

2X ELAC WS 1445

I want a receiver I can have for a long time and to update the speakers when the wallet permits. Therefor I want the newest sound formats and video standards.

It will be used a lot for both music listening and movie watching. Even given the previous statement audio quality is number 1.

Can it be used as a power amp with a new sound processor in the future for example when HDMI 2.1 Arrives?

Thanks in advance.
While I've never heard of those speakers just looking at the specs the MRX 720 will work fine with them. Also they are 4 ohm speakers and the MRX 720 can drive 4 ohm speakers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I've never heard of those speakers just looking at the specs the MRX 720 will work fine with them. Also they are 4 ohm speakers and the MRX 720 can drive 4 ohm speakers.
Thanks,
is the sound quality much better than cheaper competitors like Marantz sr7011?
Can the MRX 720 be used as just a power amp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts