AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a new projector in about 1-2 months and have been looking around to see if there any good gaming projectors currently out, or on the horizon. It seems like the wide consensus is that the w1070 is STILL the best around for gaming. Also seems like the epson 2030 is popular.

Also, does anyone know where input lag and fps specs are listed for projectors? Most manufacturers don't seem to list those two things anywhere. So frustrating and it seems weird with all the gamers out there this wouldn't be something widely advertised along with resolution and lumens.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Yes, the W1070 is still the best looking and gaming projector on the market for under $1,500 right now by all accounts. The 2030/2000 is nice, but doesn't measure up as well as the W1070. LCD is typically more blurry and typically has a slower response time. Most of what makes the 2030/2000 so popular is the solid image quality with excellent price and inexpensive lamps. But, I wouldn't put it out there as a gamers first choice and I wouldn't prefer it over the W1070 for image quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the W1070 is still the best looking and gaming projector on the market for under $1,500 right now by all accounts. The 2030/2000 is nice, but doesn't measure up as well as the W1070. LCD is typically more blurry and typically has a slower response time. Most of what makes the 2030/2000 so popular is the solid image quality with excellent price and inexpensive lamps. But, I wouldn't put it out there as a gamers first choice and I wouldn't prefer it over the W1070 for image quality.
Thanks for the info, looks like that's probably what I'll be getting then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Refresh rates are more for LCDs. the w1070 is a DLP so no worries about the response time. I have the newer ht1085 and I see no ghosting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts