AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know because my HD1000 projector says it handles DVI-D, and I was thinking of hooking it up to projector with DVI/HDMI cable. Does anyone know how the 811's component input compares to the DVI input? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
All DVI outputs support digital so you'll have no problem hooking it up via a DVI to HDMI cable to the projector.

Some also include analog video like the DVI output on a computer video card, those are known as DVI-I outputs.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC /forum/post/0

I need to know because my HD1000 projector says it handles DVI-D, and I was thinking of hooking it up to projector with DVI/HDMI cable. Does anyone know how the 811's component input compares to the DVI input? Thanks.

I'm a little confused because you are mixing terms and signal directions....

You have a projector that handles DIV-D thats a good place to start...

you say that you are looking to use a DVI/HMDI cable....

What you may have meant to say is a video cable (HDMI and DVI being specific types and DVI/HDMI being a cable that takes a DVI pinout and changes it to HDMI format.)

The 811 uses DVI so you need a DVI Video cable not a DVI/HDMI cable.

Monoprice is a supporting vendor here and their part # for a 6 foot cable is 2686

A DVI/HDMI cable is what "I" need to connect my 811 (DVI) to my Phlips (HDMI) TV.

The other confusion was you used the term "input" when talking about the 811.

It has component and DVI "Outputs" not inputs.

Literature and logic would state that DVI would be better, but I'll have to wait for next week to tell you my DVI/HDMI cable is on order for my 811 and I picked up a standard HDMI cable for when my VIP622 comes in.

Bill

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
His projector has an HDMI input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't go so far as to research that hardware he had, I figured , that HE would do that.

He didnt give a manufature, just a model #.

Having that added info I would have offered the "Other" cable I picked up from Monoprice.

Part# 2404

HDMI DVI Cable 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated) $5.03

To close.... I'll be able to provide a product review at the end of the week when my cable comes in and conect my 811's DVI soiurce to a HDMI TV.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.